Delicious salisbury steaks in less than 30 minutes!
1 1/4 lbs ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon steak seasoning (I use Montreal Steak spice)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups beef stock
salt and pepper
1) Gently combine ground beef, worchestershire sauce, steak spice and onion - be careful not to overwork the meat mixture.
2) Shape the meat into oval patties
3) At medium to high heat, fry the meat patties approximately 6 mins on each side - turn only once.
4) Remove the cooked patties to a platter and cover to keep them warm.
5) Add butter to the same pan and melt.
6) Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper to the pan, saute until golden brown
7) Sprinkly the flour over the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 mins until flour has absorbed the butter
8) Whisk in the beef stock and cook until thickened. Check for seasoning.
9) Serve gravy over the meat patties.