Today, Samantha Williams, who now blogs over at The Day Well Spent, gives us a tutorial on how to make the most beautiful paintings ever.
What you need:
a pan with edges (a cake or pie pan works well)
milk (we used whole milk, my cousin used 1% and the results were not as good)
dish detergent (I recommend basic blue dawn)
What you need to do:
1. Pour milk into the cake pan until the bottom is covered.
2 Sprinkle several drops of food coloring on the milk.
3. Add a few drops of dishwashing detergent in the centers of the largest drops of coloring.
4. Watch the resulting eruption of colors.
5. If erupting slows down, try adding more food coloring and then more detergent. If the experiment wont work after a while, begin again from clean milk and add new drops of color and detergent.
6. When experiment is complete, pan washes easily in warm water.
7. Take lots of pictures because the results seriously look like art.
To take it a step further, we then laid paper on top of the milk to see if we could transfer the images.