Today, I am the lucky recipient of the Liebster Blog Award from my friend Liz over at Life in Pint-Sized Form!
I highly recommend this blog! It's different because it's a nanny blog, not a mommy blog. The perspective is fresh and funny.
I'm to say 11 things about myself and gift the award to someone else. So here goes:
1) I'm excited that my kids are starting preschool next week. My house is a wreck, and with them hardly napping anymore, I just can't deep clean it like I need to. I think the socialization will be good for them, too. I think they're definitely ready this year. And I love the school we picked.
2) I'm not going to the gym this week. I took the girls back to the gym daycare after my sitter left town and they got sick immediately. They're almost better, but this is day eight of cold now. So, no gym until I find a new sitter. (I'm including this because it's lolworthy that I think they're not going to be sick all the time when they start school anyway.)
3) I'm an "author" now, in that I have a published novel and another coming out in September. I have a third in edits as we speak.
4) I don't let my kids play with my computer or my phone.
5) I'm reading 1-2-3 Magic, and even though my friend told me not to start using the techniques until I'd read the whole book, I have to. It will take me all year to read it. I get very little time to read things that aren't for work. It seems to be doing well so far, even if I'm doing it half wrong.
6) I think I'm going to go back to school for a master's degree in Mass Communications Health / Science.
7) I hate soda.
8) I have only three actual friends down here.
9) Today is my wedding anniversary!
10) My favorite book of all time is Jane Eyre.
11) I can eat an entire 5 lb. bag of candy in three days...so I try not to do that.
I would like to pass this award on to my friend Jackie, author of Accidentally Mommy. She's a talented writer and an amazing human being!